Reseller web hosting is on the rise. There is an awful lot of information online about how great this new businesses can be. Before you rush into it there are 3 things that could cause you a lot of worry. This is not to scare you into choosing another business but to give you a heads up about what you will be faced with.
- Uncontrollable downtime – as a reseller you only have limited control over the space you sell. Since the company owns the servers you purchased, whenever they go down your clients websites are down.
- Age of servers and software – there are a few companies that sell website space that have servers that are “antiquated” and using software that is less than stellar. Reseller web hosting is a business and the business is only as good as the equipment in use.
- Quality – you cannot guarantee reliability or the service of the host company. When the parent company doesn’t have the best equipment it will put your business in jeopardy.
Before starting a business reseller web hosting, learn all that you can about the company you intend to use. It will save you money and angry customer complaints.
Incoming search terms:
- want to be reseller
Reseller web hosting has been around a while now, and still a lot of people do not understand what it is or how it works. Think of it like this, a reseller is like a broker in a lot of ways. They sell pace and band width to their clients from someone else’s server. Your contact with a reseller will happen as they act in one of several capacities:
- Agents – in this role the reseller receives commissions on the space they sell. They sell using the hosting company’s name in all their advertising. The buyers get space directly from the hosting company.
- As a marketer – the reseller buys from the hosting company but still uses their name to sell the product. All of your communications after the purchase will be with the actual hosting company not the reseller.
- As a pretend host – the reseller buys the actual web space and bandwidth and then sells it as their own. You buy form them at a set price after they have negotiated a price with a host company. You then have to deal with the reseller for any issues that arise.
- As a buyer – the reseller buys some part of the server that the host company’s name. They then divide it up and sell it in parcels to you the client for a profit.
These are the ways in which you can expect to come in contact with resellers. It is important that you understand the difference between these reseller web-hosting types so that you get a company that will suit your hosting needs.